Are you a person who is prepping for the upcoming harsh winter? Alternatively, could it be that you just want to go outdoor camping in the winter season? We are happy to let you know that you are in the right place.
For one, your solution rests in the acquisition of the 0-degree sleeping bag. As its name implies, this is a bag that is able to provide you with the warmth you need in an environment that is too cold (0°C) and below. We have identified and are going to sample some for you here below.
Table of Contents
- List of The Best Zero Degree Sleeping Bags
- 10. Outdoor Vitals Summit 0 15 30 Degree F 800+ Fill Power
- 9. Beacon Pet 0 Degree Wearable Sleeping Bag
- 8. Kelty Cosmic 0 Degree Down Sleeping Bag
- 7. Browning Camping McKinley 0 Degree Sleeping Bag
- 6. Coleman Big & Tall Sleeping Bag
- 5. TETON Sports ALTOS Lightweight Mummy Sleeping Bag
- 4. Hyke & Byke Snowmass 0 Degree F 650 Fill Power Hydrophobic Down Sleeping Bag
- 3. Hyke & Byke Eolus 0 Degree F 800 Fill Power Hydrophobic Goose Down Sleeping Bag
- 2. Hyke & Byke Katahdin 15 & 0 Degree F 625 Fill Power Hydrophobic Sleeping Bag
- 1. Coleman 0°F Mummy Sleeping Bag for Big and Tall Adults
- How to buy the best Zero Degree Light Weight Sleeping Bag
List of The Best Zero Degree Sleeping Bags
10. Outdoor Vitals Summit 0 15 30 Degree F 800+ Fill Power
This sleeping bag is light enough to easily carry around as need be. That is due to its paltry 2-pound weight. You will hence find it good enough to tuck in your backpacks and other carrying bags. Given its sheer strength and relative ease of handling, it facilitates many of outdoor applications.
These include hiking, camping, backpacking, trailing, and jogging. Its core is the exceptional warmth it provides the rough sleeper. When compared to the industry standards, this one gives off extra warmth while at the same time is truly comfortable. Its premium material mix is pretty friendly to the skin.
- Mummy shape
- 800 fill power down
- Warmer feet provided, and easy to pack
- Water resistant
9. Beacon Pet 0 Degree Wearable Sleeping Bag
Searching for a sleeping bag exclusively for the adult user? This is the one to prioritize for the job. On the whole, the bag is sufficiently large for the standard adult occupant. Then again, it fits the three seasons of the year when the temperatures are generally lower well.
Over and above merely great for the adult sleeper, the bag in itself is also multipurpose and highly versatile. It may serve you in many conditions and also facilitate many tasks and other vital activities. These include hiking and general outdoor camping activities. The 210T Polyester and Hollow Cotton are extensively used to make it up.
- Designed with a two-way zipper
- New 2-in-1 design (can make a double sleeping bag for two people)
- Warm, and cozy
- Waterproof 210T polyester shell plus 210T polyester lining
- Designed with drawstring-adjustable hood
8. Kelty Cosmic 0 Degree Down Sleeping Bag
If you have to sleep out in the cold for a too long duration of time, you have to pick and make use of a sleeping bag that is wholly insulated from all forms of possible colds. This might be the one to train your eyes on. Its flagship trait is appropriate interior insulation.
This, together with the 60-inch two-way locking anti-snag zipper combines to trap every warmth and prevent the escape of any heat to the outward environments. It is also comfortable in the sense that it bears the Polyester taffeta inner lining. Count on it not to bruise your skin as you use it.
- Designed with 20D Nylon Taffeta Shell
- Mummy shape, and water-resistant
- Insulated with 600-fill DriDown
- Equipped with an electronic pocket
- 60″ two-way locking anti-snag zipper
7. Browning Camping McKinley 0 Degree Sleeping Bag
In case your search for the right sleeping bag is mainly dictated by the need to sleep for an extended duration of time, you want a sleeping bag that is similarly optimized for the matters of longevity of use. You have no better companion or bet than this one.
The most notable trait that makes it great for the job is the extremely durable 210T nylon diamond ripstop fabric that adorns its outer shell. This one makes it last longer and endure the various spates and sources of tears. In all, the item keeps you warm during the extremes of weather conditions.
- Made of durable 210T nylon diamond rip-stop fabric
- Paired with a polyester liner
- Constructed with 2 layers
- Heavy-duty oversized hood
- Insulated chest and zipper baffle
6. Coleman Big & Tall Sleeping Bag
Mainly wary of your own comfort while sleeping? Choose this Coleman Big & Tall Sleeping Bag and deploy it for the job! A heat-locking flannel liner is the most outstanding trait it has. This is the one that guarantees your own comfort and vitality as you sleep on the item all the while.
Then again, the structure and vitality of the bag are such that they prevent the loss of heat. This benefit is also supported and made possible by the draft tube that runs along the zipper. Rounding up its most memorable features is the durable construction that maintains the insulation from shifting unnecessarily.
- Rectangular shape
- Designed with a heat-locking flannel liner
- Equipped with a draft tube along the zipper
- Durable construction, and washable with machine
- Snag-free zipping and unzipping
5. TETON Sports ALTOS Lightweight Mummy Sleeping Bag
This TETON Sports ALTOS Lightweight Mummy Sleeping Bag is not your ordinary sleeping bag. It is highly versatile and multipurpose indeed. That makes it suited for the matters of backpacking, hiking, and camping. All these also add to your overall comfort while you sleep on the bed.
Its interior is spacious and roomy. These two are evidenced by the extra legroom and the greater shoulder space. A built-out foot box on the other hand works to confer additional room for your feet. Is it too much to add that the bag is both breathable and warm?
- Built-out foot box
- Lightweight. and lofty
- Mummy shape
- Designed with great compression
4. Hyke & Byke Snowmass 0 Degree F 650 Fill Power Hydrophobic Down Sleeping Bag
Planning to set out for a camp in an area that is prone to the risks of water damage? Choose to work with this specific sleeping bag. It is hydrophobic in the sense that its stature prevents the seepage and infiltration of the water and moisture. That serves to keep your interiors dry and comfortable.
Further to the above, the bag is also ultralight, suited for the four seasons, and is also good enough for males and females alike. That it tucks and folds nice also goes to suit the matters of backpacking. You won’t hence have to struggle too much to be able to have your way in it.
- Inner, and outer nylon shell with horizontal baffles
- WR 650 fill power duck down insulation
- Designed for camping, thru-hiking, and backpacking
- Equipped with 2 large zippers with anti-snag sliders, velcro, drawstring, and vertical baffles
- Compressed size
3. Hyke & Byke Eolus 0 Degree F 800 Fill Power Hydrophobic Goose Down Sleeping Bag
Short on space? Fret not! It is still possible for you to enjoy your sleeping bag. That can only happen if you stretch forth your hands to be able to use a bag that is optimized for the matters of space like this one. It is, on the whole, stronger and lighter.
That mainly draws from the extensive use of ultralight premium quality materials to fill it up. These materials are superior to their synthetic counterparts. They also confer a comparatively higher warmth-to-weight ratio which works to really beat the harsh outdoor winter weather.
- 800 fill power insulation
- Inner and outer nylon shell with vertical baffles
- Designed for thru-hiking, camping, and backpacking
- Hydrophobic water repellent
2. Hyke & Byke Katahdin 15 & 0 Degree F 625 Fill Power Hydrophobic Sleeping Bag
It is not uncommon for tents, canopies, sleeping bags, and other camping gear to sustain excessive wetness during the winters. This is understandable since, at these times, there is often an excessively high level of precipitation experienced. You want to stay away from these two, don’t you?
That can only happen if you similarly use a bag that can keep you warm and dry, like this one. It bears hydrophobic insulation that is also waterproof. These two traits combine to keep your interiors dry and warm at the same time, all for your added comfort!
- Made with Nylon
- Included with sleeping bag stuff sack
- Mummy shape
- Equipped with large zippers with anti-snag slider, velcro, drawstring, and horizontal baffles
1. Coleman 0°F Mummy Sleeping Bag for Big and Tall Adults
Could it be that you are a big and tall adult? If you are, no other bag suits your unique needs better than this one. It is the most spacious and comprehensive bag of all. As a matter of fact, it can accommodate persons who are up to 6 feet 2 inches tall.
Then again, it provides the steepest protection from all forms of cold weather and allied complications. A combination of the Mummy-style adult construction, semi-sculpted hood, and the ZipPlow system aid your enjoyment of sleeping times. They engross you fully to make you derive the most value for your money.
- Mummy style
- Semi-sculpted hood
- 6 feet 2 inches height
- Quilting construction
- Equipped with an insulated foot box, and Thermolock draft tube
How to buy the best Zero Degree Light Weight Sleeping Bag
Choosing the most suitable zero-degree lightweight sleeping bag can be a critical thing to do. However, you don’t have to worry since we got you covered with a buying guide that you can consider before choosing a zero degree sleeping bag.
When it comes to choosing a zero degree sleeping bag, don’t forget to check its temperature rating since the temperature rating identifies the lowest temperature that the sleeping bag could keep you warm. For our recommendation, it is better to choose a sleeping bag with a lower temperature rating.
Sleeping Bag Insulation
Obviously, there are many types of sleeping bag insulations. There are two types of sleeping bag insulations including down and synthetic fills. However, keep in mind that the insulation type is the primary factor to choose the sleeping bag. Moreover, remember to look for and compare the compressed volume of one sleeping bag to another in order to better understand the size differences between the sleeping bags.
Weight and Packability
Another factor to consider besides insulation is the weight and packability of the sleeping bag. The sleeping bag can be one of the heavy items for you to carry during your adventure. Hence, remember to consider the lightweight or ultralight sleeping bag so you can easily carry it along the way.
Last but not least, you need to check the dimensions and shapes of the sleeping bag you are going to buy. Sleeping bags come in a variety of shapes and sizes. Among all the sleeping bag products we reviewed above, it can have mummy shapes, rectangular shapes, and many more. However, make sure to choose the one that makes you feel the most comfortable.
Considering that the harsh winters have their own share of complications, you can never gamble at all with your health at such times. You have no choice but to find and use a suitable 0 degree sleeping bag for the job. A peek into the bags we have belabored above will offer the much-needed starting point.
In the course of making your find, we ask you to figure out where exactly you will deploy the bag, your own dimensions, and the intended frequency of use. These do have a bearing on the degree of comfort you might eventually leverage from the bag altogether.