Are you an aspiring ice cream vendor, a lover of cold beverages, or simply planning an outdoor picnic? Irrespective of your desired ends, you will certainly want to keep your merchandise cold. That is where the outdoor cooler shall come in extensively. These appliances trap in cold and ward off excess heat.
The portable outdoor cooler comes in diverse shapes, colors, and sizes. Their cooling powers also vary significantly. That is why finding the right one may never be that easy, really. Fret not though because we are here to help you out selecting the best outdoor cooler. Just read through our explanations below to find out more about them.
Table of Contents
- List of The Best Portable Outdoor Cooler Reviews:
- 10. Coleman Steel-Belted Portable Cooler, 54 Quart
- 9. YETI Roadie 20 Cooler, LE Coral
- 8. Coleman Coastal Xtreme Series Marine Portable Outdoor Cooler
- 7. Driftsun 45-Quart Ice Chest, Heavy Duty, High-performance Roto-Molded Commercial Grade Insulated Cooler
- 6. Stanley Adventure Cooler
- 5. Coleman 9-Can Soft Cooler with Removable Liner
- 4. Coleman 16-Can Soft Cooler with Removable Liner
- 3. YETI Hopper Flip Portable Cooler
- 2. Coleman FlipLid Personal Cooler, 5 Quarts
- 1. Arctic Zone Titan Deep Freeze Zipperless Hardbody Cooler
- Best Portable Outdoor Cooler Buying Guide
List of The Best Portable Outdoor Cooler Reviews:
10. Coleman Steel-Belted Portable Cooler, 54 Quart
For your maximum time outdoors, you want a cooler that has a pretty high capacity, don’t you? Well, this is the one to try out. It has the ability to hold an impressive 85 cans. This makes it well capable of serving repeated uses and applications. It also negates the need to restock the cooler every now and then.
In all, the cooler comes along with some secure seals and a solid steel latch. These two negate the possibilities of unauthorized access to your gears and other vital contents. In all, the cooler is easier to carry around and has some rubber grips for ease of mounting.
- Heavy-duty with high capacity
- Charming retro design
- 54-quart capacity (could accommodate up to 85 cans)
- Rust-resistant and stainless steel
- Equipped with have-a-seat lid (can support up to 250 lbs)
9. YETI Roadie 20 Cooler, LE Coral
In case you move around quite often, you must settle on a portable cooler that is similarly easier to move around as well. Fewer come even close to this one. It is structured in such a way as to allow for seamless transportation. Further to this, the cooler is also pretty effective in keeping your items cool.
Lastly, the construction of the appliance itself is long-lasting. It exhibits the extra-durable Rotomold construction which is resistant to the various agents of impact. Expect this cooler to withstand the harshest impacts with relative ease. It also withstands the test of time.
- Made with Polyester and rubber
- Up to 14-can capacity
- Designed with an extra FatWall which is bear resistant
- Constructed with sturdiness
- Equipped with heavy-duty rubber
8. Coleman Coastal Xtreme Series Marine Portable Outdoor Cooler
If you sell ice cream, bottled water, canned soda, and other beverages, you want a spacious and high-capacity cooler. This is to minimize the hassles which ordinarily come about while dispensing such merchandise. We ask you to try this one out. It has a capacity of around 100 cans and is sufficiently large.
One outstanding aspect of this cooler is its extremely long duration of service. It can maintain its interior temperature at the impressive 90°F for 5 consecutive days. This is chiefly made possible by the interior ThermOZONE insulation. Unlike many other appliances, it lacks those harmful substances like CFCs.
- Built from plastic material
- Insulated lid and extra wall insulation
- High capacity (up to 100 cans)
- Designed with a heave-a-seat lid that can support up to 250 lbs
- Equipped cup holders and comfort-grip handles
7. Driftsun 45-Quart Ice Chest, Heavy Duty, High-performance Roto-Molded Commercial Grade Insulated Cooler
Is your search for the right cooler dictated only by ordinary day-to-day use? If it is, then you should just settle for this small-capacity outdoor cooler. Its 45-quart carrying capacity is a great one for your normal and everyday use. This notwithstanding, the cooler itself has some tough and reliable structures.
The enduring Rotomolded Thermoplastic construction, it is. Thanks to this construction, the cooler is resilient to the common agents of wear and tear. Its interior comprises some commercial-grade insulation which measures 3 inches. This one retains the cool for many days for your utmost reliability.
- Made from Rotomolded Plastic
- Thick wall insulation
- Equipped with quick-clip latches, 2 stainless steel lock plate bottle openers, and pressure release valve
- Exterior UV protected
- 45-quart cooler
6. Stanley Adventure Cooler
In case you plan to set out to a location that is cut off from your home or other vital installations, you require a cooler that is longer lasting in impact. This is the one to set your eyes on. It has the ability to retain the cold for 36 consecutive hours.
The cooler has some double wall foam insulation and a leak-resistant gasket to completely lock in the cold. Its sturdy latches and hinges, on the other hand, add some durability as well as the stability you require to mount it safely. You will slot some 21 cans in the cooler.
- Made from high-density Polyethylene
- Leak proof due to silicone gasket
- Double-wall foam insulation
- Designed with a heavy-duty top handle
- Durable due to sturdy latches and hinges
5. Coleman 9-Can Soft Cooler with Removable Liner
Sometimes safeguarding your beverages is never enough. You also want to maintain them in the most hygienic of conditions. Unfortunately, not every cooler is able to do that. The only one that is designed uniquely for that purpose as this one may come to your rescue.
This cooler is treated using antimicrobials. With regards to this, it resists mildew, odor, fungi, and mold. For this reason, the cooler allows for easy cleaning and at the same time wards off the likelihood of food poisoning. In total, you will be able to hold some 9 cans in this cooler.
- Made from Polyester
- Equipped with adjustable padded sling strap and padded side handles
- Built with recycled fabric
- Designed with superior insulation
- Constructed with removable antimicrobial and stain-resistant liner
4. Coleman 16-Can Soft Cooler with Removable Liner
When carrying and transporting liquids, it is not uncommon for leaks to arise. The situation is often always compounded by the vulnerability of the coolers to cracks and other agents of damage. This particular cooler is structured to solve this particular issue. Its seams are heat-welded to prevent leaks.
At its core is a zippered main compartment. It is this that keeps your contents cold. Also accompanying the rest of the features is the shoulder strap. The strap adjusts to grant you some comfortable hands-free carrying of the cooler at all times. It has a capacity of 16 cans.
- Made from Synthetic
- Equipped with insulation for leakproof
- 16-can capacity
- Designed with removable liner
- Adjustable straps
3. YETI Hopper Flip Portable Cooler
Do you generally ply enduring terrains? If you do, you have to similarly set your eyes on a cooler which is equally tougher and more durable. This is the one to consider placing your hands on. It is on the whole resistant to many agents of deterioration. These include abrasions, punctures, mildew, and mold.
You will slot in some 12 cans. Also, retrieving and safeguarding items shall be a breeze for you. The reason here is that the mouth of the cooler is pretty wide. Its interior is insulated to trap in as much cold as can possibly be case.
- 12-can capacity
- Equipped with a cold cell insulation
- Leakproof, waterproof, and resistant to punctures and sun rays
- Designed with Hydrolok zipper
- Easy to attach due to hitch point grid
2. Coleman FlipLid Personal Cooler, 5 Quarts
Are you a camping enthusiast? If you are, you may already have noted that the typical camping site is rugged in terrain. Mounting your cooler on the such ground may never be really that easy. For this role, you badly want a cooler that is stable and designed for the camping site.
This is it. For one, it has a wide bottom for your added stability. It also comes along with hinged flips on which you may place your gears. Lastly, it has some molded beverage holders. These ones hold your bottles firmly in place to allow for easy access later.
- Made from Plastic
- Small and portable
- 5-quart capacity (up to 6 cans)
- Designed with reversible flip lid
- Convenient bail handle
1. Arctic Zone Titan Deep Freeze Zipperless Hardbody Cooler
The summer months are extremely terrible. They experience higher than average temperature levels. This means you cannot use the ordinary cooler at such times, you only have to place your hands on a cooler that is properly equipped for such circumstances of use. This is the one, owing to its many unique features.
Its interior is adorned with some ultra-safe leak-proof lining. This one combines with the Microban to trap in the extra cold while at the same time slowing down the growth of bacteria. Expect therefore to experience less ghastly odors. Its exterior also reflects extra heat which leads to the limited intrusion of the same.
- Able to keep ice up to 2 days
- Deep freeze with high-performance insulation
- Designed with a flip-open zipperless lid
- Equipped with removable liner and adjustable shoulder strap with shoulder pad
- Leakproof, water and stain resistant, and puncture resistant
Best Portable Outdoor Cooler Buying Guide
Looking for the best portable outdoor cooler for your upcoming trip is a bit challenging task to do. Obviously, since there are many choices in the market nowadays, you will have to carefully pick one option that you think is the best for you. As we understand your challenge, we have prepared a buying guide to help you pick the best one among all options you have.
Capacity and Size
One of the first and most important things you need to look for is the capacity and size of the portable outdoor cooler you want to buy. There are a variety of size ranges for outdoor coolers from small to large one. To choose the right size, you need to think of your trip or the activities. You may also see those coolers which its capacity is measured in quarts or cans. However, remember to choose what fit your tank, which is easy to carry or handle, and is suitable for your own use.
Another thing you need to pay attention to while choosing the right outdoor cooler is the construction of the product. Of course, you will find lots of options with different models and different constructions and when it comes to considering the construction, you will not only look for the material that it is made from. Regardless of the material, you can also check the thickness of the cooler’s walls or its lid. The good cooler is not only made from good material but also is thick enough to keep your supplies cool longer.
As you already know that you will have to bring your outdoor cooler out during your trip, another important thing you need to consider is durability. Carrying it on a trip isn’t easy and of course, you must have good quality and durable one. Hence, make sure you check if the product you are going to buy is leakproof, water and stain resistant, and puncture resistant or not.
Lastly, you can also consider the other features of your desired outdoor cooler as well. You can find the basic cooler that will work for you for most occasions or you can consider the cooler with other features that are designed to keep your supplies cool longer and easy for you to carry or transport. Those features can include a gasket, waterproof exterior, drain plugs, wheeled coolers, and so on.
With our reviews and buying guides above, we are pretty certain that you now have what it takes to choose the right outdoor cooler for your job. You only have to read the explanations we have provided against each cooler above. In so doing, you will be able to identify the one that fits your needs well.
Even though these appliances are mostly intended for the harsh summers, they are a ‘must-have’ as they find applicability year-round. This is one more reason why you do not want to drag your feet in acquiring the right one.